About First Iraqi Bank
There are 40 million people in Iraq. Almost none have access to a modern bank account or a way to make electronic payments. We’re going to change that. We are a mobile-first bank. Users can download our app and open a bank account in minutes, for free, and without ever leaving their homes. Through our personal app users can make payments online and in person, send money to loved ones, manage their finances, and a whole lot more. Businesses can download our business app and instantly begin accepting payments, paying employees, and tracking all of the things that matter most to them. A lack of banking and digital payments has long been a barrier to progress and prosperity in Iraq. We’re removing this barrier once and for all. Come help us do it.
Most of us work remotely. Currently we have teams based in the UK, Germany, and Iraq. Most of our team in Iraq works in our office, in person. We're a fairly new company. We're growing fast and things are changing quickly. Everyone is expected to be able to occasionally take on responsibilities that do not fall directly within their roles. For example, sometimes our customer support teams are involved with testing the apps, or our business operations teams take on customer support! It's very exciting, you gain a lot of autonomy and responsibility early on, and you get exposure to many different aspects of the company. If you're looking for something like this, we'd love to speak to you!
We are a team of user obsessed, entrepreneurial, hard-working individuals. We care about the details. We think long term. We work fast. And we don’t give up. We help each other be the best that we can be. We are kind to one another, we support one another, and we enjoy what we do! We’re proud of our company culture. We know it may not be for everyone, and that’s okay. If you recognise yourself in these values or if they resonate with you, we would love to hear from you. Apply for one of the open roles and come join us!
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, building and maintaining First Iraqi Bank's Android apps
- Working with our product team to implement and develop new features for our users
- Creating beautiful, seamless user experiences for our users
You may be a good fit for this role if you have:
- Experience with, and a strong grasp of, Kotlin and Java
- A keen eye for design and UX as well as an ability to empathise with the many type of users that depend on our services
- An understanding of Android UX/UI guidelines and best practices
- A focus on detail throughout the development lifecycle
Nice to have:
- Mockito experience for unit testing
- Experience of Retrofit 2 and Dagger 2 for API consumption and dependency injection
- Worked with alternative app stores, such as Huawei's App Gallery and Samsung's Galaxy Store
- Ability to speak Arabic and/or Kurdish. Though, as a company, we communicate in English, most of our customers speak Arabic and/or Kurdish, so it can be useful to be able to communicate with them.
Nice to have really means nice to have. Please apply even if you don't think you fulfil all of the criteria above. At First Iraqi Bank we look for passionate, hard working, and conscientious people with the motivation and ability to grow quickly.
How to apply:
Please send your application to email@example.com.In your email, please include the following information:
- The role you're applying for, and its location
- A CV or LinkedIn profile
- Links to some examples of previous work, this could your Github or a link to a website or app that you've made and that you're proud of
Answers to the following questions:
- In one or two sentences, what's the most impressive thing that you have built or achieved?
- In a few sentences, what is your current favourite technology company/product/service and why?
- What is one strong opinion you have about software development?